Here are some tips to help you along.
Protect yourself from the sun:
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 daily.
- Avoid the sun when it's rays are strongest between 10a.m. and 4p.m.
- Wear protective clothing and sunglasses.
- Avoid harsh soaps and cleansers that strip moisture and oil from your skin.
- Use warm water, never hot or cold. Extreme temperatures can irritate skin's delicate balance.
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin twice daily a.m. / p.m.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
- Include almonds, salmon, and tuna in your diet, they contain essential fatty acids, which help stop inflammation that accerates the formation of fine lines, sagging and blotchiness.
- Avoid sodium and processed foods as which can cause inflammation.
- Avoid excess sugars, as it causes glycation which damages the skin's collagen that keeps skin smooth and firm.
- Include drinking teas both green and black which contain antioxidants to help prevent skin cancers and collagen breakdown that causes wrinkles.
- Control stress by taking a time out to relax and pamper yourself.
- Practice yoga to soothe your mind, body, and skin. Yoga improves circulation and boosts oxygen levels, reduces inflammation and stress, and that is what gives skin a lovely glow.
- Get plenty of rest, the average adult requires 7-9 hours of sleep a night.